Rebuilt light fixtures
As part of the home improvement projects in the run up to the new baby, I rebuilt 2 light fixtures for our new master bedroom.
Its hard to say how old they are. They’ve been in the house my entire life. Looking for lights like them, or alternate arms for them, proved useless. The bases I think are tin. The arms are brass, and quite ornate. Pictured here is one left over light. As you’ll see, the socket is inverted in this one, unlike the other two.
And as is typical in this blasted house, we see the dreaded cloth covered wire. At least unlike some of the other fixtures in the house it doesn’t have cork insulation.
So, we decided to paint them, and I decided while I was at it, I was going to replace the wires and sockets. And what we ended up with is:
[singlepic id=3 w=320 h=240 float=center]
I think they turned out pretty well.
Originally, they had brass tassle-shapped pieces hanging from the bottoms. But alas, only one remained (I swear I’ve seen the second one about the house some where… but I could spend years looking for it.). To keep them symmetrical we bought emerald colored feng shui crystals (That’s what they were marketed as. I don’t know if that is their actual name, nor do I think much of feng shui really.)
[singlepic id=6 w=320 h=240 float=center]
The project was fun. Took about 2 days mostly waiting for paint to set. The electrical work was of course light, but fun all the same. Hopefully theses fixtures will be hung in the restored room in about a week. I’ll update with a picture of them in place.